Information is a critical asset in real estate and therefore having the ability to properly exploit that information is of tremendous benefit to RE/MAX INTEGRA. This includes collecting and reporting data on key performance indicators across various business units, departments and at various audiences (Regions, Brokers, or Agents). The primary challenge is to enable RE/MAX INTEGRA to make better informed and more timely business decisions by delivering key individuals with actionable data and reporting.
A few of the challenges that RE/MAX INTEGRA has with their current approach include
- Data resides in multiple, disparate, disconnected systems
- Manual and semi-manual methods to generate reports are time consuming
- Cross correlation of data among systems is not easy
- Reports are primarily static
- Many systems in the enterprise are transactional and not designed for large scale reporting and querying
- Data in various ‘islands’ ranges from structured to semi-structured to unstructured
- Data sources have accumulated complexity, bad data and missing information
- Business rules and business validation is embedded within the data
- Data is split between multiple geographies and overseas
- Lack of standardized report formats
- Misinterpretation and improper manipulation of data
The RE/MAX INTEGRA business operation leverages many 3rd party vendors as well as internal service providers using a wide variety of technologies. Real Estate service operations are data intensive, fragmented, manual and require tedious manual data entry to deliver actionable business information. Integrating various data sources for reporting purposes can span transactional systems, sales performance tracking, financial and accounting systems. This data is required both at the corporate level, but also heavily used by the Franchises to run their respective business. RE/MAX INTEGRA is both a data user as well as a shared service provider. The integrity, timeliness and accuracy of the data are critical.
Overall, RE/MAX INTEGRA supports multiple offices in dozens of countries servicing over 29,000 associates. Each level of management requires purpose-specific, insightful, and actionable information that they can use to make both short and long-term decisions. It is critical that RE/MAX INTEGRA deploy a unified underlying platform that helps ensure the current and future sources of data are consistent